Keyboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
I have a problem with my M$ natural keyboard. When I press and or hold the shift, control, and caps lock keys, I get a beep from the speaker in my case. When in word or any other office program those keys do not preform their proper function. The shift key will not type a uppercase letter, the control key doesnt work in windows explorer when slecting items one at a time. I have yet to try it in a game or other programs. Even when on the desktop i get the same beeps. (I am writing this on a different pc) Is this keyboard on its way out, time to get a new one?

It was working fine when I was at college on saturday, but after bringing it home, it has been acting up. It wasnt transported improperaly, I had it laying top side up on boxes.

Any Ideas?

I think you have enabled StickyKeys. This is where you don't have to hold down the keys. Press right shift 5 times and it should turn off.

I tried pressing the right and left shift five times, no change. The beeping occurs on six keys: Lcontorl, Lshift, caps lock, Rcontrol, Rshift, Renter (on the number pad). Where else can you toggle stickykeys?

Alright thanks. I found it. I tried it on this pc (a different one than the one I have the problem with) and pressing Rshift five times does bring up that window, but on my pc it doesnt. Maybe the mobo is dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom