keyboard layouts - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default keyboard layouts

I have a Acer keyboard model SK-9020. The computer store installed everything and set the Keyboard as Canadian Multilingual Standard but the keys do not match what happens when you press them! On some keys there are up to FIVE different symbols printed on them (some white, some blue). When I asked the store how to use the keyboard they said I had to switch it back and forth between English and French so white would work in one layout and blue in another. But I have tried the three layouts listed and none are exactly right! Example: one key I press has an apostrophe and a quotation mark in white and then 2 accents and a bracket in blue but when I press it I get (an e with an accent) which is not even printed on the key at all!!!! I do not understand how to work this keyboard. Any idea which layout it could be meant for? It does not seem to work for Canadian Multilingual Standard nor Canadian French.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: keyboard layouts

Can you give us a link to that keyboard? I'm not finding it. Only comes up with LiteON when searching for it.
__________________ Steam Account
Closed Thread