Iomega parallel zip 100 drive question ? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Default Iomega parallel zip 100 drive question ?

Will a parallel 100 zip drive be able to boot into dos ? reason why I ask about 3 weeks ago my DVD burner was burniing some files and all of the sudden the lights went off in the house for about 20 minutes when that happen the DVD burner light stayed on right after the crash for about a minute. I boot up my pc again and now the dvd burner is gone.... my only chance now is to reflash it in dos using my zip drive. I would use a floppy disk but the blasted thing won't work correctly.

My motherboard is HP brio A600 P3 at 751MHZ.
I looked at the bios and I think it will boot the parallel zip drive if properly configured.

Also if I can't get it to boot then I have to probably talk to my parents into getting me a new memorex dvd burner.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Put FreeDOS on a CD and boot from CD.

Old 12-01-2006, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thats the problem though I used mtkflash to try to flash by cd-ron but somehow this program is unable to excute when it is put on a CD the only other options I have is floppy, zip which I hope might work, and parttion fat32 with dos 6.0 OS which always corrupts my winxp system files if used improperly.

MTKFLASH site I'm currently using
Closed Thread