intel pentium high speeds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
When i bought my computer i got a amd athlon xp proccesor. Why is it that intel pentium proccesors can reach mutch higher speeds?

There are a ton of reasons for this, but its mostly because of the pipeline stages Pentium chips. Athlons are much more efficient in the pipeline and thus dont need as many clock cycles to perform the same action as Pentiums do. Thats why much slower clocked Athlons whoop up on pentium 4's for the most part.

raiden_nrl said:
When i bought my computer i got a amd athlon xp proccesor. Why is it that intel pentium proccesors can reach mutch higher speeds?

If your using apps, I'd go for the Athlon XP, if you want gaming then the P4 is better for that:confused: But the AMD64 is better than both:p

g5orbust is somewhat correct. It should be noted that while they are more efficient, it's not just that they don't NEED to be as high of speeds, they simply CAN'T reach the same speeds. It's out of survival thay they have developed different processing using more operations per cycle than Intel so thay can compete. The two are pretty much in dead heat most the time, but I do have to give it to AMD for the low end CPU's as they are cheaper than P4's. Once you start looking at high end CPU's they are about dead even as a Price/Performance.

I got my entire comp. for $850. I can play 3 different games with it at once and NEVER have lag. It's not the fastest, but faster is not always better...the newer you get, the more bugs you get. What I'm trying to say is, go slow and reliable and you can do way more than trying to get the fastest processor out there....without busting your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom