Help is apprecited - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2004, 07:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Help is apprecited

ok i have this problem my friend got computer that is too old like in 95s... its desktop pc and he got the ram of 72 pins... from few days he has been facing the problem in booting up.. first his computer showed something on screen the bios error... but then he really messed up with the hardware he just said he took off the ram and put back in again.. then when he powered the pc .. it made some bad sound like something burnt and since it is not showing anything on screen... so i tried my single 128 (133) ram on his computer but it did not show anything still.. ( is it ram not supporting as it is his old desktop computer mobo... or mobo is fried ? ) then i tried his ram on my computer but i got beeps on mine... ( is it his 72 pin ram not supporting on my mobo 100 bus... if its should so ram is bad ) anyhow i think only ram is bad.. So reply guys what could be the problem & i am too confused about what ram what busses and on what mobo what mobo busses should support :S teach me this..

Old 10-23-2004, 07:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

sounds like his pc is shot...keep working on it and if there is no luck then scrap it.

15'' Macbook Pro
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16ghz
x1600 128MB
Windows XP/Mac OSX 10.5

No longer a Guru of games...
Old 10-23-2004, 07:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

I agree. If you just got BEEPS when you put in his RAM into your motherboard that means either the RAM is completely shot or your motherboard just doesn't happen to support the RAM you tried putting in, but from what it sounds like it's gone. 95's is an old *** PC so it's about time to upgrade that boy. You can get fairly modernized with like $400
Old 10-24-2004, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Nubius 400$ means something maybe you are rich! but it means for us... eventhough i am ttally bugged with my own pc i am on celeron 550 but still i am not feeling that bad coz when i know i cant afford to buy the fast modern pc!
Closed Thread