help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2005, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default help

yesterday, I had a problem with the internet. I could work with the internet everday, and I had no problem with it at all. I get the internet from the university, so there is no problem with that. when i turned on my computer today, I couldn't work with the interent, and I tried all the 3 computers and they didn't work either. I tried to see if my neighbor has a internet and they said they are connected to the internet. In our apartments, we can't use wireless internet, so I went to check if anyone using it. I went to the IPConfig and saw another user name in there. How can i find out, if someone else is using wireless.

Old 08-10-2005, 11:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to IBMan

disconnect all except one of your computers, check to see how many users are logged on and if its more than one u got someone else on your line, setup WEP. don't ask me how cuz i couldnt tell u. Also reset your router and modem and see if that changes anything, even 10 - 20 years from now when i build my own home i will probably prefer wired ethernet...but thats my opinion. Don't ask me.

AMD Athlon 4000+ @ 2.4 GHz
4096 MB RAM
Dual Mirrored 500 GB HDDs
Windows Server 2003 x64 R2 SP2
Old 08-10-2005, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

I already know who is on, and it has his user name, do you know how can i get rid of him.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to Dark_Sniper* Send a message via Yahoo to Dark_Sniper*

cant you blcok him from using the internet i mean, if you can get in the network admin you should be able to block them maybe i dont know that well of network loll. so cut me some slack
Old 08-10-2005, 11:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Techie

how are they are going to find out, who did it?
Old 08-10-2005, 01:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

I don't even understand the question. So you have a wireless network set up in your apartment, and somebody is logged into your network?

Associates Degree in IS

A+ Certified

Studying for Network+
Closed Thread