Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

amac

Solid State Member
I have a Compaq presario. and i was wondering if i can do any mods to it, and if i can get a case for it as well.

whats wrong with the case it has now? You can do a lot with them. It's just making what you have there work for you. Cut the case, add a cool design, paint it, add some lights... Water cool it and overclock it too...
But I think that will void any warrenty you might have...

nothing is wrong with the case, i was wondering about computer mods, and i was wondering if u can get a new case for, and how u can tell what size case it is.

our imagination is really the limit as far as mods go...
But you can find a new case, most of the compaq pesario's were ATX, so an ATX case will work. Size shouldn't be an issue, unless it is really big. And midtower will work for you. That is unless the system has a "special board" that fits in a certain way, like with riser cards.
To tell, you have to look at the back of your current case. If all of the ports are in a group, the PS2 ports are stacked, the USB are next to them, serial, onboard video (if present), onboard sound (if present) Parallel port are in a group... That is basic ATX design. If on the other hand, you have a row of ports running along one edge and then have more ports where PCI cards ussually are, it is a proprietary design. MTX or something like that...
Here is a link to a PDF that shows on Page 15 the ATX standard...
http://www.formfactors.org/developer/specs/atx2_2.pdf

ok cuz my ports and other things like that when u look at the back they run down the left side of the back and the PCI slots are at the bottom so i dont know if that will help...

What is the model of Compaq you have? I will see if I can find out more for you...

If the documentation that HP has for this machine is correct, you have an ATX Motherboard. That should be fine to transfer to any atx case you choose.

Hay dude i owe u man thanks a bunch, i just have another wuick question, is ablwo hole hard ot make. and is it possible to cut the panel and use lexan as the window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom