THanks... here is update
(hopefully I did not screw up the second PC)
1.) the second PC was an eMachine
which the hard drive cable did not have the second connector for the other drive.. SO we took computer A's IDE cable which had 2 connectors.
2) changed the jumper for the hard drive and added it to the eMachine PC (plug in the cable, etc)
3) now with the second HD connected (but no power, we forgot to plug in the power plug for the HD) and using other computers IDE cable... we turned on the PC... It started to boot and ask for disk in floppy A drive??? Weird? why is it asking that when all we technically did was swop IDE cables and add the slave drive.
4) misteriously the computer turned off by it self (not good)
5) however, I asked if the second hard drive power plug was in... which it was not... so we did that.
6) BUT now.. the eMachine computer will not power up. It does nothing????????????
I have no clue what happened. Why the machine will not power up. We double and triple checked to make sure a plug was not 'accidently' unplugged.... but nothing.
We put the eMachine back the way it was before we messed with it... And nothing.. NO POWER??????????????
Great, now we have 2 machines that don't work
anythoughts on why the eMachine stopped powerin up?
PS. FYI I was helping my friend via the phone