DVD Writer Burns disc's but doesn't read 'em - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 10:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Imperial Space Womble

Quote:
Originally posted by stan-the-man
Reading whats on a cd-rw or a dvd burned disk isn't really neccesary,is it ?
Could you expand on that please.
Like if I burn some thing onto a CDR, CDRW, DVDR, DVDRW... I have done it for archiving purposes, and it would be rather silly if I was not able to read it again.
So I do find reading whats on a cd-rw or a dvd burned disk neccesary.

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!" -- Rob Zombie
Main Rig - AMD FX-8350x8 4.0Ghz CPU, 4x 8Gb (32Gb) DDR3 Ram, Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, GeForce GT 970 4Gb, 1x 256Gb SSD\8Tb (3+2+2+1) SATA HDD, DVDRW, SB X-Fi, Win 10 (64-bit)
Asus N61JV-JX231V - Intel Core i5 3437u (1.9 - 2.4 GHz), 12GB, 640GB, 16" Display, nVidia 325M 1Gb, DVD-RW, Win 10 (64-bit)
Mobile Phone : Samsung Galaxy 5 Note SM-N920IConsole : Play Station 4
Old 02-17-2004, 11:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Silesia
Like if I burn some thing onto a CDR, CDRW, DVDR, DVDRW... I have done it for archiving purposes, and it would be rather silly if I was not able to read it again.
Thats troubleshooting my way,so you decide.If you can't read a RW as if it was a floppy disk and incd hasn't created another drive letter.and it's not there.
Maybe you used the wrong burn option > do you have Nero Express ?

Old 02-18-2004, 04:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

stan-the-man ... I'm way too confused with ur posts .. Half the time they don't even make any sense .. (or atleast i don't get them).. But as i notice this seems to a common opinion around the forum.
Silesia just asked u somethin' .. n' ur reply's totally off the mark ..

Silesia Thanx for the input dude .. Just a while before i read ur post .. I decided to give up on the drive anywayz ..
I'm a re-seller myself .. so I have no issues with changing the drive n' pickin' up any other one instead .. I was just tryin' to see how good the product was ..
BTW i even tried the same with another unit .. n' this one does somethin' similar to the first one .. except my other drives are able to read the discs.

ekÆsine thanx dude .. But seriously .. i had already tried burnin' it at slower speeds too .. I just a bit too much time on my hands for the past couple of days to have spent so much time on that stupid drive.

In any case i conclude that ..the Iomega is very bad product ..
N' for that matter has f**ked support too ..

AMD AthlonXP3000+@ 2.2GHz, Cooler Master Aero 7+, Gigabyte 7NNXP , 1GB Kingston HyperX PC3200 Dual Channel , MSI FX5600 VTDR 256 ,Pinnacle PCTV , 120+120GB Barracuda , Liteon 52x CDRW , Samsung DVDROM , Benq DW1620 16x DVD ReWriter, Phillips 21\" TV,Samsung Syncmaster 763MB,Logitech Cordless MX DUO , Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480W Butterfly Series PSU, Win XP SP2,RH9.
Creative DDTS100 Decoder, Creative Inspire TD7700 7.1 Speakers

Search TF B4 u post { Thanks for this one! Emily :) }
<form action=\"http://www.theriddlehouse.com/random/tfsearch.php\"><input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value=\"Search!\"></form>
Old 02-18-2004, 05:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
True Techie

excuse for not having responded promptly. coz i had the same problem i tried to burn at slower speeds to no avail tried any thing but didnt work. so i decided to desable xp burning software.
cause that soft can conflict with Nero.
to desable that soft :

Go to 'Start', 'Run' then type services.msc. This will display all of the services in XP. Go to IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service. Right click then click properties. There is a drop-down box that shows its state. In this box left click on disabled. Close the services window.

Also in Windows Explorer right click on the icon for your CD-RW drive and click properties then the recording tab. Uncheck 'Enable cd burning on this drive.' You will be able to use all burning software.

when i did that Nero could work properly.
note i thought it was a device issue or something.
good luck !
Old 02-18-2004, 08:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

petogaz : .. dude . the issue wasn't 'bout nero not writing or anything like thay .. 'coz my CDRW works perfectly ..

N' not only that .. today i got a mail from Iomega tech supoort with new firmware .. They accepted that there was something wrong with their drives ..

In any case .. i don't think u need to disable Xp's Cd writing service for XP to work .

AMD AthlonXP3000+@ 2.2GHz, Cooler Master Aero 7+, Gigabyte 7NNXP , 1GB Kingston HyperX PC3200 Dual Channel , MSI FX5600 VTDR 256 ,Pinnacle PCTV , 120+120GB Barracuda , Liteon 52x CDRW , Samsung DVDROM , Benq DW1620 16x DVD ReWriter, Phillips 21\" TV,Samsung Syncmaster 763MB,Logitech Cordless MX DUO , Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480W Butterfly Series PSU, Win XP SP2,RH9.

<form action=\"http://www.theriddlehouse.com/random/tfsearch.php\"><input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value=\"Search!\"></form>
Old 02-19-2004, 12:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Silesia
Like if I burn some thing onto a CDR, CDRW, DVDR, DVDRW... I have done it for archiving purposes, and it would be rather silly if I was not able to read it again.oops
But then later when i try reading the data of the disc .. the content is listed ..but when i try opening a file .. it keeps on reading .doesn't open the file .
I even tried using it on my other DVD drive ..

Of cource so you know how much space is left.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (49.6 KB, 56 views)
Old 02-19-2004, 03:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
True Techie

preet2u : oK i was wrong for your case but for information i assure that sometimes IMAPI conflicts with Nero in that case you need to desable it. moreover you can read that common pb in many FAQ. i'm not saying you need to desable it until you get that pb.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:43 AM   #18 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Stan .... i still donno .. what ur tryin' to say .. ur posts are just not makin' any sense ..

Is there anyone else who understands his posts ... I'm curious

Old 02-19-2004, 11:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Default ok

Quote:
Originally posted by preet2u
Stan .... i still donno .. what ur tryin' to say .. ur posts are just not makin' any sense ..

You have a problem I don't.What more can i say ?

Is there anyone else who understands his posts ... I'm curious
You have a problem i don't,I must be doing something better than you are.
so ask for more info.Do you know what incd is or not ?
Old 02-20-2004, 04:25 AM   #20 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default Re: ok

Stan :
Jeez man .. read the thread before u go on posting .. This thread was over long back .. It's a problem with the Iomega drives ..they sent me a patch for it ..

Quote:
Originally posted by stan-the-man
You have a problem i don't,I must be doing something better than you are.
This thread was over long back .. N' dude .. that's a terrible attitude ..
All of us hang around at TF ..for a common reason .. not just becoz we have a problem .. but b'coz we like doing what we do .

Closed Thread