DVD Player Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderAC

In Runtime
Hi, I am currently in Canada and I own a DVD player which I purchased in the country. My family is on vacation in Taiwan and they are thinking about buying some DVDs in TW since its cheaper.
Now the question is will those DVDs run on my DVD player in Canada? I heard some people said it can't be run, is it true?

A DVD is a DVD, you better make sure that it has options to change the languages in the DVDs though. Otherwise your going to be stuck with cheap japanese dvds. Also might want to make sure that if they are available in diff. languages that they aren't just captions.

I wasn't talking about the language problem. I am saying does the DVD in TW has different version that it can't be run on the DVD player I own?

There are different DVD formats. PAL and NTSC. in Canada, the DVD format for dvd's is NTSC. I might not be correct but I think in Taiwan they use PAL format, so the DVD's wont work on your dvd player unless the dvd player can read PAL format.

Ankush is right about that. However, I would add that it also depends on the decoder in your DVD player. Depending on the model, some manufacturer's allow you read both formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom