dumb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GageMW

Daemon Poster
if i do a full reinstall of windows do i need a floppy of my SATA drivers again?
also full reinstall of windows cleans everything, right?
i know it doesnt do a low level wipe or w/e by turning everything to 0s on the drive, but it should clean off any spyware/malware/viruses/****ing gov. designed software right?
All i need after a reinstall is the video/mobo/sound drivers, true?

Full reinstall of Windows wipes everything. I think you will need to reinstall drivers, unless you're chill w/ the windows defaults, which aren't very good.

yah, ok i knew the drivers, but my main question is do i need to go rip the damn floppy out of my other comp for my SATA hd? :p
cmooon where's nubius when u needem

lol

You may need the floppy, you may not. It really depends on the controller. Asus controllers are typically really good, so I dont think you will need the driver. It is really different on all boards, really a toss up whether or not you will need it. Just trying it is the best way to find out.

Who needs Nubius when you've got Him. ;)

Because Him knows nothing compared to Nubius, that's why ;)

yes you will need your floppy to install SATA drivers when reinstalling windows.

Press F6 at the start of the blue screen when the Windows setup first begins.

ya :( i know how to do it, but damnit. i was hoping the damn thing would hide somewhere on my mobo or hd. maybe if i asked nicely it would stay? :hopeful: ;)
anyways, where do i find it again? the cd that came with my mobo?

edit: *laughs at nubi because his 6800gt clocks higher*

Generally they include a seperate floppy. Otherwise just go to asus's website and you can download them and toss em on a floppy there.
Alternatively you can make a slipstream CD which will install it automatically :D

http://greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/READING/addraid.htm

It's somewhat complicated though, good luck :p

I've never done it myself, haven't even bothered attempting it

EDIT: lol what's up with your edit? Yours clocks higher is what you're saying? That's just what I'm using while I'm on air, we'll see who has the last laugh when I install this ;)

setup.jpg

Nubius said:
Because Him knows nothing compared to Nubius, that's why ;)

Ouch, below the belt dude. ;)

I did two builds recently, both with asus boards and both with SATA drives. I didnt need drivers for either, and I didnt need to hit F6 either. Just plugged in and go. Like I said, dosent always work that way. But in my experience, as well as other people I have talked to, ASUS boards dont need the drivers.

wrong-o. my board IS asus, and DOES need drivers.
nubius, you suck. you totally and completely suck. bastard.
and him, hitting below the belt is only bad when you have something there ;)

P.S. Nubius, your a bastard. send me one of those damn things :p

Edit: meh. maybe i should finally put my Arctic Cooler in. :p then i won't look to pathetic compared to that biotch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom