Dual Channel - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2004, 07:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

oh blind arrow where to start...first off I already know the board is capable of dual channel

btw, 35W (i know the mistake) ,but still, you processor will take around 62Watts, how can u run full system on 35W (HAHAHAHA, Kididng, No Offence)

else, XP-M?? whats that buddy? M chips represent thes Mobile Processors.....ar you gonna install this mobo in ur laptop?
Hmmmm after that...how do I reply without offending you, because you've made yourself look very stupid. the 35w isn't a mistake..it's exactly that......35w....yes XP-M denotes a mobile chip...how very clever of you to make that distinction...now guess what buddy!?! THE 35W YUP 35 WATT 2400+ XP-M YUP XP-MOBILE IS SOCKET A! JUST LIKE IN YOUR DESKTOP! WOW! WHAT A COINCIDENCE! GUESS WHAT ALSO!?! THE 35W YUP THIRTY-FIVE WATT 2400+ XP-M WHOA! YOU GUESSED IT AGAIN XP-MOBILE is a very commonly known and reveared chip for it's overclocking abilities. Now child I suggest you read up on your hardware before you go trying to 'not offend' people in your posts with constant laughing and 'NO OFFENCE!' which I wouldn't really care anyway from a person who can't spell OFFENSE right.

Hmmm.....yup believe that about sums it up...so 'No offense there BUDDY' but you are an idiot.

Old 09-28-2004, 07:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Monster Techie

ok, my mistake with socket A.

as if you know that much about processor, then you must have known that as well, that Dual Channel is dependent on Mobo chip, not Processor chip. this is not 64-BIT that AMD's have to rely on platforms chip manufacturers supporting hyper transport.

Intel Core2Quad 2.66Ghz 12MB L2-Cache
4096MB DDR Kingston Hyper-X
GigaByte GA-P35-DS3R
XFX 9600GT AlphaDog
Seagate 2 X 320GB SATA2
LG L246WH Flatron 24"
Old 09-28-2004, 08:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Originally posted by Blind_Arrow
...then you must have known that as well, that Dual Channel is dependent on Mobo chip, not Processor chip.
You have no idea what you are talking about. The CPU must be capable of dual channel, regardless of the North Bridge.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

"i dont know about ABIT, but with updated BIOS on Asus, it'll show at start up that board is running on Dual-Chanel Linear Mode."

Mine tells me that I'm in dual-cahnnel just before hitting the DEL key and entering the BIOS on my mobo.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Techie

well any two same sticks will work in dual channel... but the sticks of ram that come in dc packages have been put thru extensive testing in dc mode in a lot of motherboards (and yes every single product is tested not just a sample from the product line for that day or something)... soo when you buy dc ram ur getting guaranteed that it'll run to the top of its performance ... but setting up 2 sticks in dc mode will work also
\"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.\"
Old 09-28-2004, 11:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
True Techie

i have a question bout this!
My mobo is supporting dual-channel...I looked inside and there are 8 slots,placed in four pairs..so my guess is that a pair is dual-channel.The guy that built my system knew that was a DC kit,but he placed 1 stick by pair.If id place both stick in a pair would it be more performent?
Old 09-29-2004, 02:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Yeah no such thing as dual 'dual channel' is there with mobos that have 4 slots with matching colors.

Closed Thread