doom 3 requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry5739

In Runtime
i was just wondering if u guys think i can run doom3 on my computer..i dont care about it being on the highest settings..normal settings would be fine...i just dont wanna buy the game if it is gonna be real choppy and what not. Specs are below

I think you may need a better graphics card. I think it'll play, but not very well.

I can play the game on my P4 2.6Ghz with an ATI9600XT and it looks OK, so I think it's just the graphics card.

Theres no way that FX5200 is gonna want to play that. No doubt you probably can but we're talking low settings, low resolution, no aa or anything like that of course. The FX5200 isn't even meant for gaming at all. Lacks the architecture for it and some instructions crucial for awesome gaming (check out nvidia.com for more info on that)

Doom3 was made to be playable even on some fairly low systems but I just think that 5200 will be killing you. They showed it playing on like Gf4 Ti's which are probably more powerful than that 5200

FX 5500 is probably the minimum... my friend has a P4 3.0 GHz with 512 MB RAM, and an FX5500, and it actually runs quite smooth with lower settings.

Its a $70.00 upgrade... why not?

I suggest a new graphics card and more memory. Doom 3 is a memory whore, just like most extreme graphical games.

The stright answer is yes you can play, but it will look horrible
You have enough ram. If you want it to look better invest in a 6600gt or a 9600XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom