CPU Temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carniva

In Runtime
Why the hell is my cpu temperature so erratic!!! Sometimes when my computer is idle it is running at 48+ C, put at other times it runs at 28C, whats that all about??

My CPU FAN is running at about 2500 RPM this seems quite low, cos on my other PC it ran at about 5000+ rpm, is my FAN hammered or something??

What do you guys think??

Thanks

Oh by the way, at what temperature will my CPU get damaged?

This is really affected my gaming and 3D Work as it sometimes reaches temps of up to 67 C!! Killer

many factors come into play: temp in the house, humidity, background apps running unawares (despite thinking its idle),. you say it was on your old system, did you have the cpu on another mobo, and if so did you use thermal paste properly?
here is a link to know the max temp for your cpu.

My P4 2.8 idles at around 35 and under maximum stress goes up to 50-51 max.
Check for dust also. If your heatsink and fan are dirty, it will prevent heat from dissipating. For a Pentium, meltdown is around 75 C but 67 is high enough to maybe damage it in the long run.

Fan at 2500. Must be stock fans that came with your CPU. Mine is at 2800. High quality fans will run faster and therefore dissipate more heat. If you never had any problems with it before, do as jacksback suggested and check for heatpad/paste. If none, get some. Check and make sure your heatsink is seated properly on your CPU.
Where did you check your temperature? via a program or in the BIOS. Many programs do not report temp correctly. BIOS is more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom