Asus P4P800 Deluxe Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you checked the version of the MTB? Do they make more than one? Maybe they made a revision of that MTB that will work with the CPU.

If not, then send that puppy back and get a new one! You got all the bases covered so far.

Silesia said:
8 years of being a computer techie, and this the first time I have ever done that. :eek:
Like i do heaps of systems all the time. I just rolled snake eyes on this one.

I am so disgusted with myself right now. :angry:

don't feel bad man, nobody's perfect; I thought my computer was dead for a while when I didn't push in a RAM disk far enough and when I turned it on I just had a black screen with no POST,
went back and pushed in the RAM disk just that little bit more and it worked. lucky for me it didn't kill anything

check with AMD. if you tell them that the chip's pin was bent when recieved they may replace it for you. I'm assuming that the pin couldn't be bent back at this point. I've had alot of customers bend pins on processors and they are a ***** to bend back without breaking off. I'm not sure about AMD, but Intel will give you a hard time repacing processors that have broken or missing pins (p4's).

best of luck man :-/

Well, Boss man is seeing about sneeking this one out of warranty with Intel. See what happens i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom