Adding Case fans: Blow out or suck in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
True_Orb said:
Thanks Silesia,

Is it hard to install new fans, or is it just a matter of screwing the fan in and plugging wires into the power supply?

If you are using the space provided on your case. Piece of cake. Most cases come with at least 1x space or a front fan, and another for a the back.
As for the side panel, i need to get out the drill and jigsaw to cut that.

Now I have this one problem with those spaces the case provide. They normally have a series of hole in them to "allow air flow". I cut them out so I have one BIG 80mm hole.

This improves air flow.
This make your PC quieter too as the series of smaller hole will "whistle"

I then cover the fan with a 80mm Fan Finger Guard on both side of the fan. Or at least the exposed side.
productLarge_2954.jpg

This more of a safely thing. This will stop people from wanting to stick there fingures into the fan. This will also prevent loose cables from entering the fan from the side of the case too.

Your motherboard should have at least 1 plug for your Case fan. All the other fans, plug them into your power supply.

As for the side panel fan, make you can easily unplug the fan from the power supply. It makes future repair work easy.

Instead of buying one I just took a fan off my relative's OLD computer processor, it looks like its the right size and it has a cord for the mobo so Im gonna try the ghetto setup and see if it works as a case fan.

This info will come in handy though, thanks for the install tips!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom