ABIT NF7-S USB 2.0 Driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

180Mhz

In Runtime
I cant get ahold of the XP drivers for my usb. I can only run the ports at 1.0 speed right now wich sucks. ABITs website says that in order to get the driver XP users must update so service pack 1 and run windows update. Well unfortunately I have updated to SP2. I tried running windows update anyway and didn't get a driver update of any kind. ABITs website only contains drivers for windows 98/ME (stupid DOS GUIs). I have searched the net and can't find the driver. I tried installing the 98/ME driver. It worked... sort of, cause the computer randomly rebooted so I uninstalled that and began my search again. I was wondering if anyone else had or has this problem and where you found the driver (if you did). This board model is verry popular so Im hoping somone on this site has the answer to my problem. Other than this the mobo is extreamly good and hasn't dissapointed me.
Any help would be great.
thanks.

sp2 is supposed to have those drivers, you just prolly need to "activate" them... i did this without internet connection somehow like this: in device manager, under usb device (host controller or whatever) there's the update driver button. hit it and choose something like "let windows try to find...". took about a second and my usb2 connection was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom