a7n8x-x mobo - on board audio prob - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 11:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Immortal, (and ek/Esine), I apologize for my ignorance. Thank you very much for your help. I will install wmp codecs as soon as I get home. I was so wrapped up in the CD-RW. What I meant by fixing the CD-RW problem was that I installed the latest version of Nero, and it worked fine. The version I had before was the software that came with a previous burner, so it would not work with the new one. Just a stupid rookie mistake! That why I seek advise from those as yourselves. Again, I thank you.

Old 04-23-2004, 12:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Total Immortal

Hey no need to apologize man! I didn't mean to come across as rude. I was just wondering if you had seen that post, cause that's the first thing I thought of when I read your original one. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Old 04-23-2004, 12:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Immortal, It's cool. I didn't take it as rude. It was merely advice from a more experienced techie. I absorb all information I receive from you guys. Thanks for wishing me luck. I will keep you posted.
Old 04-24-2004, 02:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Newb Techie

The problem was the drivers. When I did the windows update, it installed a new driver, and that's when the problems started. I reinstalled the drivers from the mobo cd, and the audio worked. Winamp & WMP 9 codec were also part of the solution. Thanks!

Closed Thread