XP PC won't connect to Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

soevanwasallike

Beta member
I'll try to keep this short as possible.

http://i52.tinypic.com/35d5kif.png

R = Router
M = Modem
Green signifies the cord or the device works and connects to the internet. All ports, wires and modems/router WORK. (I know this because my PS3 connects to the internet, but my PC doesn't. I tried switching ports and wires...etc.)

Basically I've nailed it down to my PC being the problem. I don't know why, I've had it for the longest time and now it just suddenly stopped working. I don't think the motherboard is bad, when i plug in the Ethernet cord the light turns on so it recognizes it and it knows its there/working. ipconfig works. I tried a system restore to a time when i know it worked and no luck. I tried disabling and re-enabling the connection in Control Panel > Internet Connections. (This usually works when I have no other clue why the internet isn't working) The weird thing is that the system acts like it knows a network, but it won't connect. I've tried Firefox, Safari, and IE and they all wont connect.

It's like someone on your computer plugged an Ethernet cord in every time you turned on the computer but pulled it out as soon as you tried using the web. (without the popup bubble in the bottom that says an ethernet cord has been detected or pulled out)

Got any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom