wtf... HDD space vanishing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimaWeapon

Baseband Member
What is the deal with this? I am on windows vista by the way...

I started at 100gigs this morning... Bout to log off for the night and it is at 96.6 gigs. It also happened the other night when I started at like 105 and it went to 103. At this rate I am going to run out of space and fast... The only thing I downloaded today was a 26mb oblivion mod. It is a 160gb hdd if that matters.

Anyone else have something like this? I just got the laptop last week and started at like 130gb. I installed halo and oblivion, so that is like 6gigs. oblivion mods so that is like 1gig. Virus,spyware, disk defragger is like 100mb..

So prob around only 8gigs used up by me... So.. ike 20gigs just vanish into thin air.

so, with so little info, who knows....right? lol :D

but in any event, if you do nothing, your hd stays the same...
if you do this thing called, using your computer, downloading junk, installing junk...etc....the size can increase
I know it's crazy....lol

but it could be this too....web browser...internet cache setting...could be set real large

I agree with everything said previously and I would throw in a virus scan. You said your lappy was bought the previous week of this happened? Have you done any internet searching/opening an attachement/downloading before you installed your virus scanner/anti-spyware?

Hope that helps at all.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Shadow Copies yet, especially since he's using vista

you torrent? use a lot of pirated software?

I'm really curious what you are doing...or using lol

are you sure you are not setting page/swap file to be 60 gb or so?

I am not sure about that swap stuff.

Also I have not even installed torrents on this computer yet.

The only big programs I have are oblivion and halo PC. Obliv is like 6.7gb with the mods and halo like 1.5gb.

I am going to start burning my oblivion mods to a dvd... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom