wireless network security

Status
Not open for further replies.

asianpride559

Beta member
hello im new here and i got ahold of this place from a member of www.superhonda.com. im a member of the staff there and i heard great things from this forum.

im hoping someone can help me. im running a linksys wireless network. 2 wireless computers and 1 main computer where the router and modem is. the two wireless computer is one laptop and one desktop(linksys usb wiress adapter).

everything works fine ok. going online fine. but once i setup the network security with the key. my desktop wont work online. their techs say something is wrong with my computer. i have no errors watso ever. i been on the phone with them well over 18 hours this past weekend. i returned my wireless adapter and my router for new ones.

something is stopping my computer from running the network security. once i put the password in..it wont sign online. but if i move that wireless to another computer it responds fine to network security. so pretty much something about my desktop and that adapter(tried 2 different versions already) thats not working together with the security key. but it works fine if i dont have the security key enabled.

ive already reinstalled my OS and still didnt fix the problem. ive updated the drives for my adapter as well.

noone in our computer forum was able to help me out. hopefully i get good results. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom