Wireless Network Connection HELP!! (DNS-related problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tu-Le

Beta member
Ok firstly I'm not a wise person with computers so bare with me if I sound stupid in some parts :) Oh and I apologise if this is not a hardware problem but I'm really convinced it is...can you check for me?

Yeah I've been having DNS problems on my new Toshiba A500 Windows 7 Ultimate installed. I could connect to my wireless router and it even says Connection successful and there are "Internet Access" However I could not access internet explorer, firefox or even Windows messenger because of a problem with "DNS server not responding". I've been told DNS problems are related to the router - but I do not think this is the case as my other 2 computers and iPhone are accessing it with no problems and internet access. So it must be something wrong on this laptop.

Ok, secondly I've been told to change my DNS servers to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220, and to my surprise this WORKED!! I could get the internet explorer running - HOWEVER, after switching my laptop off and on again. THE SAME PROBLEM RETURNED. Internet access, yes. But interner explorer, firefox etc. not working again. (Even though my dns servers were still configured to those numbers)

How can I fix this DNS problem?

Sorry for the length; I just hope somebody can help me fix this because its getting annoying; especially when its a new laptop you spent your hard working money on.

P.S - I've reinstall the driver a few times. No luck.

Yo dude. Did it and no luck. Also it works everytime I reinstall the driver. It'll work for the whole day until I shut down laptop it doesn't work again the next time I turn it back on. Dns server not responding. Thanks though........

Zzz

Try install the driver in Safe Mode. Se if that helps.

Did you download the latest drivers? From the chip's manufacturer, not the Driver CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom