Windows xp freezes when wireless network card is enabled - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 09:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Exclamation Windows xp freezes when wireless network card is enabled

Hi everyone, i been having problems with my win xp freezing when my wireless card is enabled. I see a lot of other people is having problems with this too on other forums. I know that its not viruses or spyware, its not the wireless card or drivers becuase I'm running the same card on a different computer with no problems. Its not our wireless router. I'm using the windows wireless configuration, not any tools that came with the card. I did research and i believe the computer gets stuck in an infinite loop. Its when data is being sent to and from the cpu via the wireles card and the cpu stop recieving the data for a second, kind of like a heartbeat skip, and the wireless card is still sending data which results in this. The specs. in this computer are: INTEL CELERON D Processor at about 3.4 GHz, 1024 MB RAM DDR2, Win XP Home with SP2, Dynex Wireless G Card at 54 Mbps on a pci slot, VIA VT8237 Pro chipset. Here are the specs. on the computer that works that I'm using now: Intel Pentium 4 at 3.0 GHz, 1024 MB RAM; 2x 512 one at 400 MHz other is at 333 MHz, same wireless card and configuration at the same speed, running Windows XP Pro with SP2, and a VIA VT8237 Chipset. I had the same problem with the working computer before i put in the new processor. the one with problem is a barebone custom build computer just like the working one except the messed up one is newer, just bought it and built it this summer. I'm thinking its the processor, but i don't want to buy a whole new one if i can fix this one. If anyone needs more specs. post back. THANKS A LOT!!!!!!

Old 10-21-2007, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Re: Windows xp freezes when wireless network card is enabled

The card may be faulity.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to ReikokuKo
Default Re: Windows xp freezes when wireless network card is enabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlAtOiD View Post
The card may be faulity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonb13 View Post
its not the wireless card or drivers becuase I'm running the same card on a different computer with no problems.

The only thing I can suggest is the drivers or card isn't compatible with something in your system. Or even corrupted drivers, try re-installing the drivers. Other than that, I think I'm just as clueless as you are. Never seen this happen before.
Closed Thread