Windows wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx7i2

In Runtime
ok, so first it started off with my power supply screwing up and I replaced it along with my motherboard, it was acting up too. After installing a new mobo and a psu, i formatted my hard drive on another computer, and it worked just fine but when i installed it onto the one that was just upgraded, the big windows xp logo and the loading bar wont come up and the whole thing just freezes. I was told that the alignment of flat wires that connect the floppy, hard drive, etc. to the motherboard and the reset, power switch, hdd led plugs, etc was important, and I really had some hard time figuring them out...did alot of research and still cant get it to work..

sometimes a drive thats build on another comp wont work in a different comp.Is the computer you built it in a name comp?ie dell, compaq or something like that?

no, its custom built and the hard drive was working just fine before i changed the motherboard

Check your jumpers. Sometimes if you use cable select it will help to sort things out.Dont ask me why but I've run into this problem when Ive set the proper master slave configuration it had the same problem so i just set them to cable select and it worked fine.
It doesnt seem to make sense but whatever it takes to get it up and running.

this is my first time changing a motherboard with a problem, can you explain what jumpers are for and how to set it to cable select?

On the back of your drives. like on the Hard drive Cd rom DVD rom and such.When you have more than one drive on a cable one divice needs to be master and one slave.So if your putting the hard drive on a cable with the cd rom or another hard drive you can set the jumpers on the drives to cable slect or CS.

You may need to update bios depending on your cpu, version of Windows and motherboard. I had WinXP pro SP1 with a P4 Prescott cpu on an Asus P4P800 that did that until I updated bios.

It freezes because you installed XP on a different computer.

Simply boot off os disc you used to format and install on that drive, wait for it to detect the installation then select repair.

alright, i set the jumpers to cable select and it still froze, now the problem is about the windows xp cd not booting, i checked the bios and all the boot settings were all enabled..ive used this cd in the past alot of times to format many different computers and it worked just fine

by the way, im using a winxp multiboot disc, and the motherboard is an old PCCHIPS M805LR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom