What is a Non PCI-E GFX Card called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HELPMEPLZ

Baseband Member
Hello :)
If a graphics card isnt PCI-Express (it doesnt require a pci-e motherboard and has an older type of chip for the non pci-e motherboards) what is it? an is that a AGP Graphics card or?

Basically, my situation is that my motherboard was one model before the ones with PCI-Express instead of the standard graphics card slot (sigh) and im looking at buying a graphics card for my pc while i build my next pc with all new stuff.

I've been looking at 7800 GS and 7600 GS (nvidia) for a while and the ones i find on ebay etc that dont say PCI-E dont say that there not PCI-E so i need to know what im looking for ..

Please help :-(

Its a Asus P4P800 SE motherboard, the current graphics card im using is a Asus GeForce 6800 GT 128mb

I think its not pci-e

the 7800GS is exclusively on AGP so if you buy that you would be safe. from memory that motherboard is a budget model right? it would most likely be AGP then, why not look it up on the site then seeing as you know the model? i don't think a 7600GS is even an upgrade from a 6800GT, a 7600GT isn't much better than a 6800GS and i think may perform roughly on par with a 6800GT at best (guessing because i haven't looked at benchmarks for quite a while). if you're going to bother upgrading that card you may as well go for the best thing available which would be the Gainward Golden Sample 7800GS+, i believe that has a 7900GT GPU.

the 7800GS is exclusively on AGP so if you buy that you would be safe. from memory that motherboard is a budget model right? it would most likely be AGP then, why not look it up on the site then seeing as you know the model? i don't think a 7600GS is even an upgrade from a 6800GT, a 7600GT isn't much better than a 6800GS and i think may perform roughly on par with a 6800GT at best (guessing because i haven't looked at benchmarks for quite a while). if you're going to bother upgrading that card you may as well go for the best thing available which would be the Gainward Golden Sample 7800GS+, i believe that has a 7900GT GPU.

but the best AGP card is an x1950xt

Newegg.com - GECUBE HX195XTGA3-D3 (R) Radeon X1950XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 8X HDCP Ready Video Card - Retail

that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom