USB thumb drive - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 05:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default USB thumb drive

Maybe this topic must have been discussed but i couldnt find any in the forums!!!!! I borrowed a USB Thumbdrive from my friend , and nxt day after using at home, with no trouble, I went ot a internet cafe, where i plugged this Drive into a computer, which showed that it didnt recognise it.. I plugged it into another port, which then worked.. After this i Took this back to my friends house, where on pluggin into his DELl laptop, it showed not recognised error.. I went back to cafe and plugged in different computers, which showed the same error messages.. I also tried at home. The Drive was properly ejected and handled.. The problem is that there is some really imp info of my friend in it.. I googled but couldnt find any good recovery softwares.

The problm is that recovering atleas needs it to be recognised!!! In need of great help, guys... Its 512 MB and i think the company name is Lightwave. i couldnt get find the site of it.. Dont know whether its a duplicate.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

It showed an error? what does it say?

Old 02-07-2007, 07:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Sorry, i didnt specifically say wat the error was: USB device not recognized ( ina yellow balloon in system tray).. Its the problm of the USB, and can any of u guys suggest a gud software to recover the files from it. THe USB thumbdrive is not at all recognised or displayed any where, so i cant even locate it to recover!!!