Unknown computer issue

Zman1970

Beta member
Hello! Im new here, and I came here seeking assistance. My computer has some sort of issue where randomly the symptoms of a Blue Screen occur, yet there is no crash report, and the blue screen never appears. It looks like my CPU randomly crashes, but i have no clue what it is, or may be, Here are my specs.

I have a Gateway DX4831-01u

Hello! Im new here, and I came here seeking assistance. My computer has some sort of issue where randomly the symptoms of a Blue Screen occur, yet there is no crash report, and the blue screen never appears. It looks like my CPU randomly crashes, but i have no clue what it is, or may be, Here are my specs.

I have a Gateway DX4831-01u

When did this problem start occuring ?
Did you install new software or updated any drivers ?
Also does windows 7 do automatic updating if any to lead this problem ?

If you can boot into safe mode, click the start button and click on search.
Type in event viewer and hit enter, that should bring up a nice tool keep your system and hardware log errors.
Look closely system and windows and see if windows notes anything with a exclamation point or red x.
Copy the bsod error code and bring it back, if you can do that we can see whats going wrong if any.

So...symptoms of a BSOD, but none show up. Does your PC freeze, then show a black screen for a while, and then finally reboot?

All of what MMike said are pertinent things to do, but also you can maybe stop the computer from rebooting after a crash by disabling automatic restarts.

Start Menu=>Right-click "Computer"=>Properties=>On the left-side column of options, choose "Advanced System Settings"=>Startup and Recovery, click "Settings"=>Uncheck the box for "Automatically Restart" under system failure.

The problem started occuring when my computer had its first Blue Screen, Then after i never had a 'Blue Screen' It just acts like one, and there was no Processor usage (White Light) And No error recording

The problem started occuring when my computer had its first Blue Screen,

Let me ask you something important here and try to think back.

If you were at your computer screen and you saw it flash blue and crash.
What were you doing on the computer at the time ?
Did you uodate anything or remove something from your computer ?

Reason why I am asking I'm trying to get down to the root of the issue here.

I was simply just skyping with a close friend, other than that recently i had done nothing. Either way i used the solution Yevrag35 provided and the issue hasn't occured since!

Issue has Re-Arisen and is worse, it's happened twice within the past 10 minutes. I strangely noticed this time it affected one process at a time, first my skype weirded out, then everything stopped responding, and finally the mouse driver went out also.

Well you can try running your pc in safe mode for a while to see if it crashes, if it does then your looking at a problem with the hardware. If not, then a driver or a software is causing your crashes

When did this problem start occuring ?
Did you install new software or updated any drivers ?
Also does windows 7 do automatic updating if any to lead this problem ?

If you can boot into safe mode, click the start button and click on search.
Type in event viewer and hit enter, that should bring up a nice tool keep your system and hardware log errors.
Look closely system and windows and see if windows notes anything with a exclamation point or red x.
Copy the bsod error code and bring it back, if you can do that we can see whats going wrong if any.

If possible, should post a log report or check event viewer if there is one like MMike suggested. Would help give a lot more info on what's going on. Otherwise everything is completely random-guess work.

Well you can try running your pc in safe mode for a while to see if it crashes, if it does then your looking at a problem with the hardware. If not, then a driver or a software is causing your crashes

@Joe: Nice tech skill joe I'll have to remember that down the road if I face a similiar problem with someone elses computer.

Also I looked at zmans computer issue and thought about it for long enough.
If any I suggest he takes off the usb and peripheal cables on the back of his machine.
See if the computer will load all the way to the windows startup.
Next see if it locks up, if not you maybe looking at usb/ or other cable connection problem

If its not that, it maybe a hardware issue either something has worn out like a usb port or the onboard sounds breaks.

Back
Top Bottom