Unable to Burn Discs after firmware update :( - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Unable to Burn Discs after firmware update :(

Hi guys! Im having a bit of trouble with my BD-ROM drive. The drive was working fine until recently when I updated the firmware using Samsung Liveupdate to hopefully increase its performance. Unfortunately this had the opposite effect and has now left me with a drive that can read, but is unable to write or format any disc. I was wondering if anyone could help me? I've tried reinstalling the the update millions of times and also reverting back to previous versions, but with no success.
My drive is Samsung SH-B123L and im running windows 7. I would really like to avoid reinstalling windows to resolve this because of my media player only allowing me to register a new PC every 90 days and I have already registered a PC within that, therefore leaving me without music for 2 months (unbearable).
Anyway I would love if you tech gods could help me out!

Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On