system fan is constantly blowing cannot turn it down.... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2009, 06:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Default system fan is constantly blowing cannot turn it down....

I'm using Fox one utility for my foxconn mobo, right now in augusta ga it is 18 degrees.
I tried to tell fox one to turn down or shut off the fan to prevent the computer from really freezing up due to cold weather outside and my room which is trying to get warm, but cannot do so right now.

So far my pc has slowed down because of the tempature changing.
I went into the BIOS to find the fan settings and shut it off but the **** thing keeps coming back on at full blast and is keeping my legs and my cockerspaniel cold and angry.
If somebody knows how I could fix the fan problem please let me knowm something.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Re: system fan is constantly blowing cannot turn it down....

you can try speedfan. I would assume you are quoting the temperature in Fahrenheit? Never really heard of a computer slowing down when it was cold but I have seen people put their computer outside when benching (around -5C).

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 :: INTEL i7 920 @3.4 :: XFX GTX260 :: 6gb Corsair 1600 :: Corsair 750TX :: TRUE 120 :: Samsung T240 24" :: Windows 7 X64

I do not accept support questions via PM

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Old 01-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to Jayce
Default Re: system fan is constantly blowing cannot turn it down....

A computer won't really slow down due to cold weather unless it's in 20 below weather for a long period of time that the hard drive itself starts to lock up.

All this week we've had a high of less than 20 degrees, however my work laptop and external hard drive stay in my car all night. I haven't had a single problem with either one and I've been doing that all winter long.
Closed Thread