Slowest booting time in the whole of humanity

goingfar

Beta member
As the title says, my computer did some funny things right after it crashed from playing a game.

I have a Sony VPCZ2390X (intel i7, windows 7, AMD 6550M, SSD, etc. Etc.) and it's been running great until yesterday when I decided to play a game. Note I've played games with far more graphics and memory usage.

I get the BSOD for about 10 minutes until any display actually pops up, using what I assume 100% CPU. After the BSOD, a sign of response shows. That would be the VAIO display, which stays on the screen for 5 minutes until it gets to the 'Safe mode' screen, which is completely oblivious to my Alt+F10 to reboot my computer. Also note I've had to manually shut it off via the power button, which explains the safe mode screen. A few more centuries pass, and I'm finally able to enter my password, this time, with my fan not running high. But when I actually get on, it takes exactly 30 minutes for any type of progress to be made (I deleted said game that may have caused this (this game was legitimate, not a vrius)). The deletion took about 25 minutes. My computer still takes forever to respond to the slightest input of a cursor moving .1nm, and takes even longer to boot. I bought the thing in August of 2012, so I know it's not terribly old yet.

Also note that I don't have any programs to even start up when booting (just the usual system.exe, no messenger or game or third party program to speak of). My computer has the same amount of programs installed that a baby boomer with limited knowledge of a computer would have. Norton Anti virus attacks and deletes any cookies on the spot.

Again 100% CPU usage doesn't sound healthy when it takes 15 years for the thing to even boot up. And no programs to explain the high usage. And it has 4GB of memory without the power dock plugged in. It's getting frustrating to say the least.

For the record, I did try the "move battery, hold Power button for 60 seconds, plug charger in" stuff.

Back
Top Bottom