Really need some help here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamsensay

Beta member
Ok, I recently bought an emachines pc. When it arrived there were two labels stuck to it (not to mention a missing floppy drive cover buts thats another story) one sticker proudly told me i was the owner of an emachines 420 whilst the other informed me i had purchased an emachines 820. Deary me what a mess. Now i have searched the net high and low too find out which sticker tells the truth based on the specs of the machine to no avail. The specs are as follows: An 80gb hdd 256mb ddr sdram pc2100 with one available slot (i suspect the seller of removing the other stick) a geforce fx 5200 128 mb a pentium 4 2.6 ghz processor, a cdrw and a dvd drive. Also, i am looking too upgrade the memory but during my hunt to find out what pc i own i found many sites claiming that emachines 420 and 820 models require very specific ram and that most other models will not work. These 'Specific Models' Are considerably pricier than your average ddr sdram sticks. So my questions are these; what pc do i own or how can i possibly find out? (i contacted the emachines website btw who just redirected me to an independent site charging 8.99 a month to be 'allowed' to call a national call number for tech support) and do i believe these sites and spend extra or can i just bye a regular stick of ram?
Any help you geniuses out there can give me will be so greatly appreciated (and yes that is sucking up because i am STUCK)

Thanks in advance,

Sensay

From what I have found thus far, you seem to have a eMachine W3622. The specs for the W3622 include a Celeron 420 (2.6 GHz), 80 gig HD, 512 MB RAM (originally), and a DVD burner. It uses standard DDR2 RAM:
Support DDR2 667/533/400 DDR2 SDRAM

Here is a link to the motherboard specs:
ECS Web Site

Oh, and I deleted the other thread. Do not post the same thread multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom