Re-build, STOP 0x0000007b Problem - unusual

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnerbrellim

Beta member
Yesterday I recieved all the parts for my new(old) computer. I'm using both of my old hard drives, power supply, and case but everything else is new. Pentium D 920 on a Gigabyte GA-G1975X motherboard. The two old hard drives are both IDE, WD 80gb, one with a better cache than the other.

When booting to the HD with windows on it, (HD 1), I recieve a STOP error message with 0x0000007b in it. I discovered that this is probably because of the new mobo and old XP installation. I am not against reformatting, however I would like to avoid so.

So, I put in the XP disc (authentic) and boot to it. Try to repair installation or install a new one, same error : Something about not having any hard drives on my system. I check the BIOS, and it is listing my two IDE drives as SCSI drives. I power down, swap the ide cables on the motherboard (my DVDR was on IDE 1, and the HD's were on IDE 2 -- cables fit better and the manual reccomended it) so that now the HD's were on IDE 1, with the bootable being master, and both jumpers set to CS.

I try to boot to windows, same error message. This time, however, booting to the XP disc allows it to run through all the drivers, etc until it gets to the point where I should be able to choose whether to install xp or repair, etc. Instead, I get the same BSOD with the (now complete) message "STOP: 0x0000007b (0xF78D2524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I am lost at what to do. I have tried booting with just one drive or the other installed, and I get the same problems, even though the one drive is not a bootable XP drive, just some NTFS storage. Also, knoppix will not boot up in my current configuration, however it would before when I was recieving the no HD's installed error.

Does anyone have any suggesitons or ideas? Anything at all would be appreciated. Don't hesitate to ask for more information. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom