*Ram Maximum*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanghor

Beta member
I have posted about a few different problems that I had seem to be having. After a bit of research and trial and error I have found, what i think, is the source of the issue. But if what I think is the source of the issue truly is the source, then I am also not grasping something somewhere then.

My main issue is that i have 4GB DDR2 800 Geil Ram and that it only shows up as 2.75GB of ram in Windows XP Pro.

Now from what I have researched I have come to find that Windows XP Pro 32-bit is unable to support 4GB of memory and therefore I need to switch to 64-bit to support it fully. Herein lies another issue. I do have Windows XP 64-bit from my last computer that had an AMD 64 bit Chip. After installing windows 64, i could not get the computer to boot with my ram dual channeled, the same situation as with the 32-bit and when i put the two sticks in it only comes up as 2.75GB. my process is the Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 which is supposed to be 64bit enabled so i should A) be able to run windows 64 and B) be able to utilize my 4GB of ram. Im not sure if I am just missing something, or with the way the intel processors work do I have to set something up either with the processor or with the BIOS to enable the 64-bit for the intel processor. I'm not sure and am asking for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Z-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom