Radeon HD4670 and AMD 3800+ Bottleneck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beluga

In Runtime
Hello, its been a few years since i last posted anything on here...Mainly since ive been using a macbook pro and then moving onto laptops.....Anyway I was just offered this pc for free and took it. The setup was the following:
MSI K9AGM mobo with Ati xpress 1150
1 gig of ram ddr2 800
AMD socket am2 Athlon 3800+ single core.
and thats about all that needs to be mentioned.

Anyway I bought some memory for it (1gig) and a radeon HD4670 by Asus with 512mb. I installed windows 7 ultimate and it works fine.

However, For my 3dmark 05 result i got 9665 :(? Could the processor be a bottleneck to the GPU?
Also when i watch a bluray movie on my computer the picture lags...as if it was going at a frame rate of 10-15....? My laptop has a dual core AMd athlon and 4 gigs of ram and a Radeon HD4570 and no problems.

I have the latest beta version of Ati catalyst control center. But to be honest when i had a Radeon X1900xt i felt the same way with that card as with this one. Appauled by its power. Whereas Nvidia have always had that wow factor in power to me (5200, 5900, 6600, 6600gt and 7900GTX)

Anyways advice would be very helpul.

I am actually thinking of abandoning this system and going for Intel i5 and a NVIDIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom