PSU Question!!! Help Quick Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
I have a TT Pure Power 500 NP,,, Just bought a new board with the current setup in my sig... the New Mobo is a eVGA 680i SE and it requires the 8 pin thing instead of the 4, however my PSU only has the 4,,, now I was looking and people are saying an adapter wont work becuase it requires HIGH END PSU's.... Does mine have enough juice to run the adapter??? Cuz it would save me 100$ to just buy the adapter...

Also the problem is..... I'm getting NO VIDEO when i turn my comp on because people were saying just to plug the 4 pin into where it fits on the 8pin,,, and it doesnt work...

So any input would be great... or a new PSU Idea??? But I really would like the adapter... Thanks and quick help would be appreciated Im about to run to the store.

You can connect the 4 pin but your motherboard won't be running at it's full potential.

I think you would be better off with a better PSU. Maybe this if there is one at the store you're about to go to.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail

Is this the one you have right now?
Newegg.com - Thermaltake Purepower W0100RU ATX 12V 2.0 500W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CUL, TUV, FCC, and CB certification - Retail

cool ill give that a shot but right now when i plug in my 4 pin connector my monitor doesnt even turn on so it definetly doesnt work

You should be fine with the 4 pin. You have more than enough power. Does it power up the machine? Does the motherboard beep?

You should be fine with the 4 pin. You have more than enough power. Does it power up the machine? Does the motherboard beep?

What does it mean when the MoBo beeps? It has happened to me a couple times already. Whenever i try and use sound i think.

No sound on my pc yet

It powers up, I don't know where to do because I can't see anything without video. The mobo does not beep. However I have tried a differnet working video card and the same thing happens so it cannot be my video card... I'm really getting frustrated I think my PSU might be blown or something because of the storms the past few nights or something.... I thought I would be fine with the 4 pin as well but apparently not... What should I do new PSU? with an 8Pin lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom