Power Supply Fan Issue - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Power Supply Fan Issue

So I have recently relocated my ASUS CG Desktop to another room in my house. About two days after moving my PC, my Power Supply Fan began running much louder than before. I took a look at it to make sure nothing became dislodged, and I regularly dust clean my rig. I have not installed anything new since the move, and as far as I can tell, there have been no changes to the PC that should have caused it. I am far from an expert on computers, so I was looking to see if someone could give me an educated opinion on the possible problem before I go spend money replacing internals. Any help on this subject would be appreciated.

BDell92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: Power Supply Fan Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDell92 View Post
So I have recently relocated my ASUS CG Desktop to another room in my house. About two days after moving my PC, my Power Supply Fan began running much louder than before. I took a look at it to make sure nothing became dislodged, and I regularly dust clean my rig. I have not installed anything new since the move, and as far as I can tell, there have been no changes to the PC that should have caused it. I am far from an expert on computers, so I was looking to see if someone could give me an educated opinion on the possible problem before I go spend money replacing internals. Any help on this subject would be appreciated.
What kind of power supply brand do you have and how old is it ?
-RockMan- is offline   Reply With Quote