PC won't power up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

illmatic1

Baseband Member
I have a VAIO PC which will not even boot up. I have not added any hardware upgrades to it. Whenever I press the power button, I see the LED light up and the fans spin. However, it only lasts a second and then it powers down. I had it plugged into a surge protector. I tried unplugging everything else plugged into the surge protector except for the PC. I tried unplugging the PC and then plugging it in again, but I get the same results. I then tried to unplug the PC from the surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. But, same results. I thought it might have been a problem with that wall outlet, so I tried to plug it into another wall outlet. However, I still get the same results. I have "cleaned out" the inside of my PC with compressed air, yes it still does not work.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can "fix" this problem?

I had this exact same problem, and I got a different PSU, and then it worked fine (different kind of PSU... not the same.. kind of eerie like that). Or it maybe the motherboard's fried. Test it out with a friend's PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom