Odd Problem with GFX Card FAN! Please Help
Ok, as some of you may know in my previous post when I kept getting an error about my nVidia GeForceFX5900 not getting enough power and hearing ticking..I originally came to the conclusion that it was my power supply failing. I now figured out the following.
-> Originally I found out my video card fan was not running so it was overheating, I took out the card and blew out as much dust as I could with .. don't laugh..but a leaf blower on Low. It seemed to work as I put the card back in and the card ran fine for about a week.
Now today, The insufficient nvidia power box came up again so I shut my computer down and thought I am going to have to take the fan part off the video card and see whats up. So I turn my computer on just now after work and I am watching my fan. It is running! and it only runs upto the point where the Windows Login comes up. Then there was like 2 clicks somewhere in my computer and the fan just stopped.
I am dumbfounded at this finding and clueless on how to fix it! Please, somebody help!
3DMark FireStrike Ultra: 4,266
3DMark FireStrike: 12,043
- Intel Core i7 920 Overclocked 3.2Ghz - Megahalem Cooler
- eVGA E758-A1 X58 Intel LGA 1366 Motherboard
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
- MSI Armor OC 8GB GeForce® GTX 1070
- eVGA 650W G2 Modular Power Supply
- Thermaltake Armor+ Full Tower Case
- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
- Corsair Force LE 250GB SSD
- OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD