noisy pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingWizard

Solid State Member
hello geekzers,

i have been having this problem for the last week with my pc. It's been 1 year and few months it is running fine after I bought it but now when i turn it on i get a constant loud noisy sound... i let it get into windows, then i turn it off from there and i turn it back on .. and the noise is gone !

It is not bothering me too much i mean it requires a turn off and 5 mins from my morning time but I would like to hear suggestions about it. COuld it be the PSU ?

because when the noise is gone it is gone for all day (it doesnt come back when im heavy loading the pc or running multiple programs etc etc), but comes the next morning(after 6 hours rest).. noise is back.

thanks for any inputs!

I have the same issue... for me if i leave the computer idle for a while it starts getting very loud... but then if i play music or something, within a few minutes it dissappear's. I think it might be a noisy hard drive on my end.. not sure..

Hello,

What kind of noise?

The sound from a fan, sound from a hard drive, and the whining of a capacitor are all distinct and easily distinguishable.

With Windows XP machines, if the indexing service is turned on, then often during idle you'll hear the hard drive reading, writing and seeking heavily, until you move the mouse to bring the system out of idle (at which point indexing will stop, and so the noise of the hard drive). You can turn this off by going into the Properties of the drive in My Computer and unchecking Allow indexing service to index this disk for fast file searching. Phantom in particular, this may explain why your hard drive is making a lot of noise during idle.

FlyingWizard, a good way of finding out where the sound is coming from is to open the case, turn the system on, and just following it with your ear. Not to close to the fans though :p .

hey, thanks for the replies.

I did open the case today coz i was curious to see what the problem was and to my surprise it was that not-so-little sidecase fan that was causing the noise after all. it seemed that whenever the machine was in bios, the fans were running at max speed and all i needed was to fix the screws and tight em up so the fan does not cooperate with the case in order to bring me a morning orchestra :p

hehe, about the indexing part, i knew it wouldnt be from it, since the noise does start before windows load.. or (USED to start lol :) )

Have a nice day fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom