No Audio after Codec install / no conflict - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: No Audio after Codec install / no conflict

You know... theres really only a handfull of things to do to see whether or not it's working... like put it in someone elses PC and see if theres a similar result

Granted, when I installed the driver for it and had the side panel off I did hear a little bit of, what I can only explain to be is crackling... normal, dunno.. probably not... but the whole incident is strange... maybe it's just the output plug is toast.. not the entire chip...

I'm kinda over it though, but the SupremeFX II is kinda lame compared to it... gunna start a new thread I suppose to see what sound cards are booming today

Old 04-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
AKA ComatoseClown
Send a message via AIM to H4x3r Send a message via MSN to H4x3r

alrighty, still might wanna try that linux distro if you have some spare time and no other computer to test it in...should load it up automatically without any problems......

Old 04-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
True Techie

I actually just put it in a roomies PC, it didn't even detect new hardware... end up sending photos to bgears and they say it looks like a "VR" is messed up or something... estimated 20 bucks to fix it... dunno if I should deal with that, or just buy a new one lol

Closed Thread