New HDD is causing pc to "stutter"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjrodezno

In Runtime
i just purchased a WD Caviar SE 320Gb and it is set to master on my secondary IDE. it seems to be working fine but occasionally my computer "stutters" more specifically it freezes for about 8-10 seconds.
this is the only new hardware ive added to my pc, before this it was working right.
i tried researching too and found some PIO and DMA problems that could be causing this "stutter" but when i checked my device manager it says that its running on UDMA 100 mode 5 (which is supposed to be good)
ive also noticed that this only happens when im writting to the hdd wether its downloading or transferring files from my other hdd.
i should also add that im familiar with pcs but my tech level is rather in between low and mid so with that in mind any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

You're lucky you "just purchased" it. I highly suggest you take it back to the store you bought it from and get another one. If this drive is already having problems - and evidence says it is - you're going to get very used to being consistently ****ed off.

Save yourself the ***-pain and replace it.

thanks for the suggestion
but it so happens that the hdd wasn't the problem (thankfully.. rma's are a pain), it was one of my torrent programs and now that its solved my pc is working again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom