MP3 played is recognized by Windows XP but I can't access it - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default MP3 played is recognized by Windows XP but I can't access it

A customer of mine has a Philips GoGear Flash audio player SA2120 2GB MP3 player.

He download a corrupted file directly to the MP3 player itself. (probably a virus)

When I connect the mp3 player to a PC, the Hardware wizard sees it and assigns it a drive letter. However, when I click on that drive letter Windows XP locks up for about 30 sec and then reports the file or directory is corrupt or un-readable and dose not allow me to access it.

When the Mp3 is NOT attached to the computer it works normally. Except when that one file is played (the corrupted one) then the MP3 player locks up so I have to remove the battery to rest It.

Is there a way of formatting the MP3 player without being able to access it on a PC?

Or anything else I could do to get a PC to recognize the device?
Thanks, any help will be appreciated

Old 03-20-2008, 04:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Re: MP3 played is recognized by Windows XP but I can't access it

Try deleting that file using the dos prompts.
Nothing to see here.
Closed Thread