Monitor won't turn on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzN

Baseband Member
I've recently purchased a new build which is located in my sig.
My items arrived today so I've decided to put them together by first testing to see if everything is working. I pretty much put in the CPU / Ram / PSU / GPU and sat it on my desktop and plugged in the power and turned it on and notice everything lights up and the fans are running but my monitor is not picking up any signal for some reason. I know my GPU works fine because it works on my other rig which I took from and everything else is brand new that just came in. One thing I noticed is the EVGA x58 mobo there are a couple of pins bent I'd say about 3-5 to be exact. Could this be the problem? of my monitor not picking up any signal because everything else boots just fine.

Second problem is one thing I notice with the modular PSU I have , it,doesn't work on my old rig. There's no 2pin connector to connect to the old MOBO.

Yea I just called up Newegg and requested an RMA so it's going to get replaced with a new one. But I wasn't sure if that was the cause of the problems of my monitor not picking up any signal? So I'm not exactly sure how bent pins can effect the PC overall. As far as my PSU it just came in today so.. I'm not sure. I mean everything lights up like it works fine just can't get a signal for some odd reason sadly....

Hey there, AzN. I suggest you take a look at this: http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/pc-troubleshooting-procedure-list-208005/#post1661201

I was gonna say that you were having a power deficiency, because when my monitor didn't get a signal that was the problem(The PSU was busted and only put out enough power to spin a few fans and turn on a few lights), but with a 1000W power supply that doesn't exactly seem possible. Then again, your problem could just be the bent pins... Well keep us updated with information and we'll try our best to help you!

-- xGodlyPoison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom