Monitor And Video Card Issues - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #21 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: Monitor And Video Card Issues

Look how low those 12v numbers are. Although not particularly dangerous, but running a game in the background doesn't usually have a full load on. Run Kombustor with the window up and look at that 12v number again. Anything under 11.75 is problematic usually.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Here you go.

Frostblooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #23 (permalink)
Build Guru

You see those lines while doing that test?

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Barely, but yes
Old 10-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Wait?? You are asking questions about a problem that just started on your PC after you added a new GPU, and a new monitor. You have eliminated the monitor as the problem, correct? So what changed? Only the GPU correct. So, have your professional test the gpu in another PC- if it works then there is no doubt it is your PSU. Or throw in your old GPU and see if the problem persists= then the problem is the new GPU.

On the other hand- you could just take the advice of a guy (PP) who had helped many, many people on this site and realize a 5 year old no-name original PSU that is either "400 or 450 watts" may be the problem. It was pointed out very early in this thread that the GPU requires 500 watts- remember. The new GPU needs more power that the old one - therefore, the new GPU and the CPU/mobo all fail to get good power and "blam"= problems. The real question is - did you damage components by using an underpowered PSU or not? So now- because the PSU could have damaged the GPU - you have a permanently damaged GPU so even if you switch out the PSU - the problem will persist. If there is anything I have learned by trolling this site is that the one thing you cannot overlook when putting together a PC is a proper PSU for the system you are building or in this case the system you are changing.
acerinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerinpa View Post
Wait?? You are asking questions about a problem that just started on your PC after you added a new GPU, and a new monitor. You have eliminated the monitor as the problem, correct? So what changed? Only the GPU correct. So, have your professional test the gpu in another PC- if it works then there is no doubt it is your PSU. Or throw in your old GPU and see if the problem persists= then the problem is the new GPU.

On the other hand- you could just take the advice of a guy (PP) who had helped many, many people on this site and realize a 5 year old no-name original PSU that is either "400 or 450 watts" may be the problem. It was pointed out very early in this thread that the GPU requires 500 watts- remember. The new GPU needs more power that the old one - therefore, the new GPU and the CPU/mobo all fail to get good power and "blam"= problems. The real question is - did you damage components by using an underpowered PSU or not? So now- because the PSU could have damaged the GPU - you have a permanently damaged GPU so even if you switch out the PSU - the problem will persist. If there is anything I have learned by trolling this site is that the one thing you cannot overlook when putting together a PC is a proper PSU for the system you are building or in this case the system you are changing.
He's mentioned before he has replaced everything except the PSU during these tests or whatever. The absolute last thing would be the PSU simply by process of elimination.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #27 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Yes, I am already trying to fix it when I have some free time. I guess this topic can be ended. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #28 (permalink)
Monster Techie

PP- that was my point- it has to be the PSU- or by now he may have damaged the GPU as well.
acerinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #29 (permalink)
Newb Techie

SOLVED!

First of all, please don't shout at me for being stupid, I already know it. Second of all, I already tried this, but it probably wasn't done right.
It was the cable.
(place shout with infinite number of !s here)
Old 10-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
Build Guru

Which cable? The one to the monitor? If so, no shouting, that's kinda funny.

Access to my Plex PM me.