monitor trouble - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2009, 01:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to soup lightning
Default monitor trouble

i have a viewsonic vx724. the power light has been flashing off and on for the past few days. when it turns on i can see everything but it shuts off a split second later. usually it eventually would stay on but i came home sunday ad havnt been able to get it to stay on since. i have tried different cables and tried using a different monitor. swapped monitors with my brother. his worked on my comp and mine did the same thing on his.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Re: monitor trouble

sounds like you've definitely got a faulty monitor. it could be a variety of causes. does it say "no signal" before going to standby? because that could suggest a problem with the video connector. i'd guess it's something wrong with the monitors power supply or LCD driver chip.

Visit my website -
"Guitar is cool. If you donít think the guitar is cool, then youíre stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via MSN to TheGlazer
Default Re: monitor trouble

I use to own a Viewsonic VX922 19" LCD Monitor. It was the best gaming monitor I have ever used; awesome monitor....... until the power light started flicking on and off.

Mine started happening about 3 years after I purchsed it........ and I paid really good money for it.

Is your power light green or orange when it's flickering on and off?

I was able to use my monitor for another few months before I had to completely chance it............. this is what worked for me and many others who purchsed Viewsonics.......... Turn off the monitor, Unplug the power out of the monitor, wait about 1-5 mins, and then replug the power, turn on the monitor.......... and pray it works; if it fails, repeat those steps again........ Oh yea, make sure your in windows already when you do this....... Booting up with this problem is almost impossible.
CM Haf 932
Intel i7860
Asus Maximus 3 Forumula
2x2GB Corsair Dominator GT
XFX 6870 Dual Fan
Intel 80GB SSD
1GB Seagate 7200.12
1GB WD Black
Thermalright Venomous X
Corsair 750W Modular P/S
Samsung T220
Scythe Kaze Master Ace Fan Controller