Little issue, HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
Ok, I got a Duesey for ya. the problem originated with the screensaver, and initially I thought that was the issue. now I'm not sure. the problem=
1. Screensaver does not come on when it's supposed to... sometimes
2. Screen seemingly randomly turns off, takes a while to get back to the screen
(seems like it goes into hibernate)
3. Computer is rather slower than it should be, even though I ran my cleanup software

Solutions looked into=
1. Changed settings for power
a. turn off monitor after 15 minutes
b. Standby after 25 minutes
c. Hibernate after 2 hours
2. Ran complete scans including=
a. A Squared
b. Adaware
c. Spybot S&D
d. Super Antispyware
e. EZ PC Fix
f. CWShredder
g. Avast!
h. Kaspersky
i. McAfee
3. Ran HiJackThis and posted Log
4. Am currently running MemTest and Prime95
5. Have done a Defrag using DIRMS Defragger
In closing, I just realized, after posting my HJT Log that I am running Windows XP SP3. I would really appreciate any help at all that you guys can throw my way, surely someone out there can help me resolve this issue!

----EDIT----
Also running into some other issues. I just switched drives with my disk (computer has two drives, one CD-R and a DVD R/RW CD R/RW) and it stopped reading my disk off the DVD drive. moving along with the little things, running CPU-Z the other day, showed 780 MHz that would jump up to it's true speed of 2188 MHz, now seems steady at 2188 on an Athlon 64 3700+ (San Diego) and it's also running Hyundai RAM (never heard of it?) Prime95 and MemTest have now been running for an hour with no errors

----EDIT2----
While waiting for a reply here, I've been scratching my head and furiously thinking, so I went back to my power settings, and they are, for no apparent reason, set back to default! currently I am running two disk checks, so far they are clean (Emsa Disk Check and HD Tune) MemTest was run for an hour and a half with no errors, and Prime95 is still running with no errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom