Laptop Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Tofu~

Baseband Member
I have a friend which his laptop has broke.
The fixer said that his motherboard is dead so unless he wants to pay $600 to fix it or he can just buy a new computer, which he did in the end.
Now since he play most online games such as CSS, COD4, BF2 and all that on the laptop and used the Key for it. Does that mean he cannot use the same key again on the new computer?
If not is it possible for us to open up the laptop and insert the HD into his desktop then uninstall it from there? Or do we need someone skilled to do that.

Thanks guy for any comment or helping out :D

You can use the same key multiple times in most cases.
If you can't however, you could /theroetically/ plug the laptop HDD into the desktop, but you wouldn't be able to boot it since that OS was installed for different parts - however you could remove the files manually from the desktop's OS.

Oh wait i just realized =.= since there is only one drive doesn't that mean its C:\? and that means if i plug it in the desktop would go ERROR!!!

You should be able to use the keys on the new computer just like Yamikotai stated. In most (if not all) cases the game can be installed on multiple computers but cannot be played from multiple computers at the same time.

As for any other data you need from the dead laptop, you could connect the laptops drive to the computer as an added drive (using an adaptop or enclosure) and then boot as you normally would. The laptop drive would then be seen as another drive (separate from the drive you boot from and any others you might have on the computer)

Since hes playing CSS it probably goes through steam which allows you to download it again once you log in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom