Laptop freezes randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHammond53

Beta member
My IBM Thinkpad t41 is constantly freezing. I have tried booting in safe mode and that has worked for about 10 minutes. Sometimes the monitor will not even turn on, it will stay off. I hooked it up to my dell monitor and that worked for about 10-15 minutes before it froze. When I check my video card for monitors it has 2 default monitors, general television, then it has IBM thinkpad screen. It is showing 4 monitors which is weird. The video card is an ATI 7500. I have booted without the battery out as well and it still froze. Please help.

What are the rest of the specs.

I think its because of a insufficient power supply on the notebook. I have a ibm think pad to but mines alot older with a intel 233mhx mx cpu and i plug in external stuff in the usb port and my thing froze until unpluged. Try to unplug external stuff thats running of the laptop power.

I dont have anything external plugged in. Not even the power supply at times. I have tried on just the power supply with no battery, and also with just the battery and no power supply. I am actually fixing this for a friend, and he says that it was fine, then all of a sudden it started doing this. Does System Restore restore the automatic updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom