Intermittent Video Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortstop20

I recently built my own computer(specs are in my signature). It worked fine for about 3 weeks. Then one night I was surfing the net and my display suddenly went blank. It then proceeded to random colors and random sized boxes on the screen. After doing that for approximately 10 seconds the computer shut it self down and restarted. I was like WTF! I surfed the net for another hour or 2 after that with no issues. I shut the computer down that night. The next day after school I started up the computer and experienced the same problems immediately. I resest my CMOS and it worked for 2 hours or so without issue and then did the random boxes again. I unhooked everything many times thinking I had a short somewhere, but to no avail. I sent my video card off to MSI to their RMA department and they're working on it as we speak. My question is if my Video card isn't the problem what do you guys think it could be??? Mobo or Power supply were my next two suspects. I am running a 350W ps and maybe that's not enough???

Any thoughts???

If its not your video card I would think it could be your power suply or maybe a power sirge or something. Its so strange what happened that It would have to be power related IMO because I dead harddrive/soundcard or something like that wouldnt do this. Id need to think about that I little further. Ill talk to my room mate hes my 'hardware guy' so Im getting a little rusty with hardware cuz I just shove it over to him. :)

Upgrade your video drivers and your BIOS if its flashable. Also check to see if there are any IRQ resource conflicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom