HP pavilion zv5000 Screen Discoloration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephemeral

Beta member
Im not sure if this problem is Hardware or software but im thinking its hardware

This Laptop has a strange Discoloration to it from the beginning right when you boot it up there is a pink hew to the graphics and every thing is grainy (kinda like its in VGA mode but worse) and snowy.

I have tried a lot of things, Changed resolution, Checked drivers, Booted while enableing vga mode, booted in safe mode All coming to the same problem, even appears Discolored in bios (leads me to belive its the moniter)
Sent it into for warranty work. They tell my dad that it was the video card or they needed to replace the moniter or there was a loose connection but the problem comes back 2 -5 weeks later.

the only thing i can thing of is that its the enviroment hes in . ( boat pilot. Magnets, Vibrations, Radio signals ect.)

sorry if i sound very new at things im still working on getting my computer tech training

Thanks
Ephemeral

If you think it's environment, can you remove it from that environment and try it to see? If it works properly away from that environment, you're probably onto something.

Are there any graphic controls within the computer, where you can adjust things?

Ya its out of the inviroment my dad works at a boat pilot so its 30 on 30 off and i only deal with the problem of that computer (hands on) when hes home so its out of the enviroment and i tweeked alot of display setting set them lower and higher

only other thing that i can find online is that the batterys were recalled and im wondering if the battery is damaging the screen or other enternal components my next step with this machine will be to plug it into one my my old known good CRT moniters

which im thinking will work because as previously stated even in bios where the operating system isnt even involved theres still discoloration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom